Something classic and something new are in store for Mountain State bettors for the groundbreaking UFC 261 on Saturday night.
As a live crowd of about 15,000 brings a renewed atmosphere to a title-fight tripleheader from the VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena in Jacksonville, bettors of all types have some DraftKings Sportsbook West Virginia promos to consider.
Kamaru Usman defends his welterweight crown against Jorge Masvidal in a rematch of their 2020 battle, a lopsided Usman decision.
Valentina Shevchenko defends her flyweight title against Jessica Andrade, who scored a one-round TKO over a solid Katlyn Chookagian in her last bout in October.
Weili Zhang defends her strawweight belt against Rose Namajunas.
DraftKings UFC 261 promos
New users, make a deposit of $5 or more into your sportsbook account. You’ll then be issued a single-use odds boost to choose either fighter in that event.
The boost is for +2600 (26-1) odds for either side to win that event.
Apply the boost to the fighter you want by adding that fighter’s moneyline to your bet slip and applying the boost. Your FIRST bet with the boost is your qualifying bet. The max bet is $5.
Here’s one for the “regulars”: three potential profit boosts.
Following opt-in, you’ll be issued three single-use profit boosts, which can be used to place any bets on UFC 261.
Select the boost from your bet slip before placing your bet to apply the boosted price.
The 26% profit boost applies to the winnings (which exclude the original bet).
The maximum bet is $50, while additional winnings are capped at $100.
How to watch
- Saturday, April 24: VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena, Jacksonville, Florida
- Main card: 10 p.m. EST on pay per view
- Prelims: 8 p.m. EST on ESPN/ESPN+
- Early prelims: 6 p.m. EST on ESPN2/ESPN
UFC 261 card overview
- Fighters have not been competing in front of large live crowds since last March. There will be a higher energy level and perhaps more aggression as it relates to potential stoppages.
- Masvidal took the first fight with Usman on short notice and had to lose 20 pounds. He believes the outcome will be different this time, but the betting board disagrees.
- The main cards are lopsided, because top pound-for-pound champions are defending titles against opponents considered less accomplished. Usman is the UFC’s second-ranked pound-for-pound fighter behind Jon Jones. Shevchenko (2) and Zhang (3) are the top female fighters behind Amanda Nunes.
- Favorite bettors will need the props to make money. Underdog bettors will gain a great price regardless of when they bet, so the moneyline will be the first play.
- Only the sharp bettors who can leverage a big slam will be interested in the moneylines if they like the favorite. Usman, for instance, drifted up to -435 at DraftKings in midweek and kept rising. The fact that he keeps taking money likely indicates the presence of big bettors.
Alternatives: A DraftKings prop “To Win by Finish” pays +250 for an Usman win by stoppage. It pays +375 for Masvidal, but any Masvidal backer is better off taking a moneyline play.
An Usman decision is -134, not bad.
At FanDuel WV, Shevchenko is -420 and Zhang -195.
Can’t make money on the favorites? Yes, you can. FanDuel has an interesting How Fights Will End menu. This covers several potential outcomes in exchange for a smaller payout. These bets allow you to wager on both fighters.
How Usman-Masvidal fight ends:
- KO/TKO +135
- Points +210
- Submission +1100
- KO/TKO +230
- Points +100
- Submission +250
- KO/TKO +160
- Points -135
- Submission +480