We’ve reached the middle of September, when football season is upon us and West Virginia casinos are running promotions galore.
The five West Virginia casinos sit all across the state, giving residents and visitors an option no matter where they stay. Keep reading to see what promotions are running at each of them this month.
Hollywood Casino Charles Town features daily deals in September
Hollywood Charles Town is West Virginia’s largest casino, with 84,000 square feet of gaming space, including nearly 2,000 slot machines, 74 table games, a poker room and a 153-room hotel. The property has something available for its guests every day.
- Monday: PENN Heroes members can swipe their card at a promotional kiosk and play a game to win up to $250 in PENN cash. Members who earn 50 tier points can play a second time.
- Monday through Thursday: Players aged 55 and older who earn five tier points can participate in the Hollywood Legends Kiosk Game and earn up to $1,000 in PENN slot play. The casino also gives out a free coffee and beignet between 8 a.m. and noon.
- Friday: More than 100 winners can earn up to $1,000 in PENN slot play during Friday Frenzy, with drawings every 30 minutes between 5 and 9 p.m.
- Saturday: Daily drawings for all players who earn at least 15 tier points to win up to $1,000 in PENN slot play.
- Saturday and Sunday: Table game players on weekends can earn entries toward drawings to win up to $1,000 in PENN table play.
Other upcoming Hollywood promotions
- Thursday, Sept. 28: All jackpot winners earn entries for a $10,000 grand prize drawing. Winners must deposit their entries between 5 and 10 p.m. Wear your jackpot shirt for a chance to win $250 in PENN slot play.
- Friday, Sept. 29: Activate entries from 5 to 9 p.m. for a chance to win a monthly progressive jackpot drawing. September’s total is $70,000 and will increase to $80,000 in October if nobody wins. It resets to $10,000 once hit.
- Friday, Sept. 29: PENN Heroes members can earn entries throughout the month to get a chance to play Plinko and win up to $1,000 in PENN slot play. Members must activate their entries between 4 and 8 p.m.
Wheeling Island Casino’s Super Duper Wheel Spin promo
The Northern Panhandle’s Wheeling Island Casino provides daily promotions to its Lucky North Club members. Regardless of when you visit, Wheeling Island has an offer for you.
Big Saturday giveaways
Wheeling Island is giving its club members a chance to win six figures worth of prizes on Saturdays in September.
Super Duper Wheel Spin drawings occur at 2, 3, 4 and 5 p.m. All active members earn a free entry by playing any slot machine 30 minutes before each drawing, and players receive additional entries for every 50 points earned throughout the day. Five winners spin a wheel in each drawing to determine their free play prize.
After that, it’s game time with the $500,000 Football Fortunes drawings, with ten winners chosen every hour between 7 and 10 p.m. Players receive one entry for every 50 points they earn throughout the week, starting the previous Sunday, plus a free entry on Saturday.
Winners spin a wheel four times with their values corresponding to a yardage total. Anyone who gets exactly 100 yards wins $500,000.
Calling all night owls: the Midnight Multiplier bonus runs from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m. on Sunday through Thursday.
All club members active during this window will earn 5x their regular points accrued between Sunday and Wednesday. Players earn a 3x multiplier on Thursdays.
This promotion only applies to players who have had an active players club account for at least a week and recorded play within the past year. Thus, new members will have to wait a week before becoming eligible.
Other daily promotions at Wheeling Island
- Mega Multiplier Mondays: Players active between 8 a.m. and 10 p.m. on Mondays receive 3x their points earned. Those who remain after 10 p.m. can double-dip with the Midnight Multiplier promotion.
- Foodsday Tuesdays: Earn a $33 buffet credit on Tuesdays by playing at Wheeling Island and earning 100 points at any eligible machine or table game. Earn 200 points to receive a $65 buffet credit.
- Friday Frenzy: Members can earn up to $50 in free play between 8 a.m. and 10 p.m. on Fridays by accruing 100 base points on any eligible slot machine.
- Slots jackpot promotional scratch card: Any members who hit a taxable jackpot in September earn a promotional scratch card. Additional drawings take place for winners on Sept. 27 with a $1,000 grand prize.
Mardi Gras Casino offers $50,000 Beat the Dealer on Fridays
Mardi Gras Casino sits conveniently between Charleston and Huntington. It shares a rewards program with its sister Delaware North property, Wheeling Island, and offers several similar promotions, including multipliers, Saturday wheel spins and a renamed extra credit Monday.
$50,000 Beat the Dealer
The weekend deals kick off on Friday nights between 6 and 10 p.m. with the $50,000 Beat the Dealer promotion.
Ten winners are called to the promotional stage each hour to try and “beat the dealer” in a progression of hands. The stakes increase with each passing hand, similar to the popular game show Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?
Players can bow out and take any prize up the ladder, or continue ascending toward the $50,000 grand prize. If you lose, you return to the previous “checkpoint” payout.
$500,000 Saturday Night Lights
The Pigskin Spin takes place every hour between 7 and 10 p.m. on Saturday nights, awarding players free play, cash or the $500,000 cash grand prize.
A drawing takes place every hour, awarding 10 players a chance to spin the wheel to determine their prize. All Lucky North Club players receive a free entry, plus additional entries for every 100 points accrued.
Other daily promotions at Mardi Gras Casino
- Two for Tuesdays: Members can participate in kiosk games to earn upward of $100 in food credits and $1,000 in free play.
- 50 Plus Winsdays: Members aged 50 and above can win free play and a one-time $10 food voucher for every 100 points earned on Wednesdays, up to three free plays.
- Gift giveaways on Thursdays: Lucky North Club members can receive gifts while supplies last between 3 and 9 p.m. Visit a casino kiosk, print your voucher and take it to the promotional stage to redeem your prize.
- Touchdown Hot Seats: Every Friday from 4 p.m. to midnight, the floor staff will randomly select 10 players to win free play prizes each hour.
- Climb the ladder kiosk game: Every Sunday, players can visit a promotional kiosk and participate in up to seven levels of kiosk games, depending on points accrued. You must earn 100 points to be eligible, with tiers increasing to 1,000-plus points earned. Winners can earn up to $5,000 in free play.
Mountaineer Casino handing out bonus plays this month
West Virginia’s northernmost casino, Mountaineer Casino Resort, has a handful of promotions currently running for its Winners’ Zone card members.
Players can receive up to $325 in free play every Saturday by earning tier points at eligible machines. Anyone earning 20 points gets $10 in free play, with nine payout tiers going as high as $325 for 1,500 points earned. Free play must be redeemed the following Monday through Thursday.
Other upcoming promotions include:
- Sunday, Sept. 24: $5,000 slot tournament from noon to 6 p.m. All players earn one voucher for every 20 tier points earned, beginning at 10 a.m. The top-100 winners earn free play with a $1,000 grand prize.
- Saturday, Sept. 30: All players who earn at least 10 tier points in September win an entry into the Rev Up The Winnings Giveaway, which awards five winners a $100 free play every hour from 1 to 8 p.m. A grand prize winner will be drawn at 9 p.m., receiving an all-new 2023 Toyota Tacoma.
- Sunday, Oct. 1: All September jackpot winners are entered into a $7,000 jackpot drawing with a chance to win between $250 and $1,000 in additional free play.
The Greenbrier includes special September booking rates
The Casino Club at The Greenbrier is a part of the larger Greenbrier Resort, offering 710 hotel rooms, five golf courses and world-class amenities. It is a private casino, only allowing members and overnight guests inside to gamble.
If you’d like to visit, the resort has several specials for prospective guests, including room, spa, golf and group packages. One offer consists of getting the fourth night of a stay for free after booking three nights.
Visit The Greenbrier’s website for more information.